Thursday, November 12, 2009

Agency Videos

NOTE: I am working on a complete write up of the Monday Boot Camp. I will post it over the weeekend. It will be in a format which will help others who did not attend.

Now - on to videos.

Most agents first videos seem to be things like...


  1. The scene opens with the agent talking to the camera.
  2. The agent says "I'm a great guy and I can save you money"
  3. The video ends.


There are much beeter ways to do this.

As my college writing teacher used to say endlessly "Show me, don't tell me"

Your video should do one of two things...

  1. Provide an answer to the questions "how to"
  2. Tell a story


If you want people to believe you can save them money, get a written release from a customer you just sold a policy to and saved money, use that Flip Video camera to film that customer saying "Hi, I'm -------- and I just saved $xxx.00 buying my new insurance policy from "your name here"

Take a look at the way Gary Vaynerchuk does videos. He spent years perfecting this on his http://tv.winelibrary.com/ site. You will be hard pressed to beat his passion and style. But you should try.

No comments:

Post a Comment